We’re keeping things moving with Gobbler’s Favorite Things contest and yesterday’s winner of the 1-year subscription to Groove3 training videos is Johnny K! Today’s prize is the Virtual Console Collection (VCC) by Slate Digital. This is a really killer plugin as it models a number of classic consoles and allows you to instantiate the plugin on every channel strip so you can get that classic analog sound.
Winning is super simple and all you have to do is go to our Twitter or Facebook pages & RT or share the “Gobbler’s Favorite Things” post of the day. At the end of the day, we’ll select a winner at random.
The Slate Digital “VIRTUAL CONSOLE COLLECTION” brings the sound of 5 of the world’s top analog consoles into your DAW workstation. “Slate Digital CTO Fabrice Gabriel and I studied these consoles inside and out. We meticulously modeled the entire circuit path so that we could recreate every subtle nuance that makes these consoles the legends that they are”, says Slate.
The VIRTUAL CONSOLE COLLECTION consists of two plugins, Virtual Channel and Virtual Mixbuss. Each plugin allows the user to choose from one of five modeled consoles. Virtual Channel is applied on individual mixing channels. Virtual Mixbuss goes on the first insert of the master fader. “When using the Virtual Console Collection, your DAW instantly takes on the personality of a real analog mixing desk. The imaging and depth improves, instruments sit better in the frequency spectrum, and mixing becomes easier and more musical. You can even push the DAW faders up to find each mixer’s “sweet spot”, says Slate.
1. To enter: RT via Twitter or share via Facebook the Audio Raiders/Gobbler post for the particular day of the contest.
2. Contest starts 9:00AM PDT 5/2/12 and ends 11:59:59PM PDT on 5/2/12.
3. Winner will be announced 5/3/12 and will receive one (1) free one (1) VCC plugin from Slate Digital.
4. All contestants must be at least 18 years of age to enter.
5. Gobbler may ammend or terminate this program at its sole discretion.