AVID and Gobbler Announce Upcoming Integration
Partnership to Provide Media Creators with Cloud-based Sharing, Storage, and Collaboration
SAN FRANCISCO – OCT 27, 2012 – AES: Avid®(NASDAQ: AVID) and Gobbler, the purpose-built cloud for digital media creators, announced today an upcoming integration with Avid Pro Tools®, creating an easy and reliable way to exchange and back up Pro Tools sessions. The Gobbler integration will enable you to send files, mixes or entire sessions directly from the Pro Tools interface, reducing steps and eliminating errors. Other unique capabilities, include:
- Automatically locate and back up all of your local Pro Tools sessions to the cloud. You can sleep easier knowing you’ll never lose a session again.
- Locate, back up and send all the media files your session requires, regardless of where they’re stored. You can be confident you’re sending complete sessions.
- Continuous backup of sessions as you work. Your sessions will be ready to go when you’re ready to go home.
- Gobbler knows when your Pro Tools system is working, so it never interrupts your creative flow.
- Gobbler knows which files have already been uploaded and downloaded, avoiding wasted storage and minimizing transfer times.
- With no file size limits, you can send any size session to anyone, as easily as sending an email.
Until full integration is launched, Gobbler continues to support fast and secure backup and transfer of Pro Tools sessions now. Free 5GB accounts are available at www.gobbler.com. Larger plans from Gobbler are available on a monthly or annual basis.
Avid creates the digital audio and video technology used to make the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world – from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, television shows, live concert tours and news broadcasts, to music and movies made at home. Some of Avid’s most influential and pioneering solutions include Media Composer®, Pro Tools®, Interplay®, ISIS®, VENUE, Sibelius® and System 5. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+; or subscribe to Avid Buzz.
Avid, the Avid logo, and Pro Tools are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. The Interplay name is used with the permission of the Interplay Entertainment Corp. which bears no responsibility for Avid products. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Gobbler is an intelligent cloud based digital media service located in Los Angeles, California. Founded out of need by industry veteran Chris Kantrowitz, Gobbler aims to put the power of the cloud in the hands of digital media creators worldwide. Encompassing transfer technology that is the fastest and most reliable available on the market today, every aspect of Gobbler is designed to provide solutions and tools to enable intelligent storage, collaboration, and project organization. To learn more, visit www.gobbler.com and follow Gobbler on Twitter and Facebook.