Gobbler v 0.6.13 is chock-full of new features and user interface changes. It’s like a whole new Gobbler! The biggest changes include the ability to backup any file type as well as multi-tagging capability, and a new folder filtering feature. The limitations of the past are now gone (don’t worry Mac users… your changes are coming VERY soon). We’ve set up some FAQ posts, so dig in and be sure to refer to these posts in the meantime!
- Gobbler will now scan for and back up any type of file. Click the Types button in the lower left-hand corner to see the Types list. Check the “Show” checkbox to scan for any type of file. If the file type you need isn’t already in the list, click the Add New button. Unchecking the “Show” box will hide that file type from the Files list and Gobbler will not scan for those files any more. Updates to files of that type will not be backed up to Gobbler until you check the Show box again.
- Added a Folders List so that only files which are stored in selected folders will appear in the Files list. Avoids unnecessary clutter in the Files list. Does not affect which folders are scanned, just which files you see. Click “Folders” in the lower left-hand corner and uncheck the “Show” checkbox for folders you want to hide temporarily. This setting does not change scan or backup behavior in any way.
- Added a Filter switch in the lower left-hand corner to bypass selections in the Folders list and show files in all scanned folders.
- Re-organized the left-hand navbar to be simpler.
- Added new status icons & tooltips to the Files list and Transfer window. Click above the status icons to sort by status (easy way to find everything that’s not backed up. You can then select all of the files and enable Auto-backup with a single click).
- Changed the Backup button to an “Auto-Backup” switch to better reflect the ongoing nature of Gobbler backups. Turning this switch on is identical to clicking the backup button. Turning it off stops automatic backup of new updates to the project, but does not remove the project from the Gobbler cloud.
- Selecting multiple files in the Files List lets you add or delete tags from all selected files at once.
- Added a button at the bottom of the File Inspector pane to show/hide assets and location data.
- Right-clicking the G icon in the task bar will collect Gobbler logs and send them Gobbler Support – no more digging around for crash logs!
- Fixed intermittent bugs where transfers could not be cancelled/ paused or resumed.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the account password was changed.
- Fixed a bug where rolling back to a previous checkpoint would cause the transfer to get stuck.
- Fixed an intermittent crash when sending files to Box.
- Fixed a bug where package-format projects like GarageBand or Logic could not be sent to Box.